Thursday, April 11, 2013

Walk through life....

Who would have thought that a 15 month old with a face like this........

....could learn to throw temper tantrums and get whatever he wants. Its interesting and exciting to watch the way that Paxton learns. He is entering a stage where he runs around and wants things, but he doesn't know how to communicate with mom to tell her his needs/wants. The way he gets my attention is by pointing and saying "uh uh" or screaming :) I've been trying to teach him how to say certain things, and it seems like kids at this age are little sponges. They pick up on things so quickly and copy cat things that they see mommy or daddy do. As i try to teach Paxton and make every day decisions on the best way to teach him and not get mad, it makes me think about how important every little decision we make in our life is. How different would my life be if I hadn't made the friends that i did in high school?  If i wouldn't have hung out with Jake Anderson, I would have never met my husband Mark (Jake's missionary companion)......If I wouldn't have ever met Mark, I wouldn't be able to experience tender moments like this.....
If I wouldn't have been raised in the gospel and stuck to my little mustard seed size of faith that i had growing up (Elder Jeffrey R. Holland's talk Sunday afternoon session of General Conference), I wouldn't have the knowledge and comfort of knowing that I get to be with the most important people in my life for ETERNITY! I don't know about you, but life isn't long enough for me! I can't imagine life or eternity without these people! Mark applied to the Nursing program at BYU-Idaho 2 or 3 times and didn't get accepted, but he applied to CSI (here in Twin Falls) and got accepted much sooner than he thought. Is it a coincidence that Mark and I moved to Twin? I don't think so.....I'm not exactly sure what our purpose is here, If it was for us to grow and learn to depend on one another, or if it was for us to help others learn and grow. All I know is that we have met great people here in Twin Falls and they have all been great examples to us. The little day to day decisions....and even the big decisions like moving to Twin Falls help shape us into the people that we will be throughout the rest of our life. I hope and pray that I can continue to make the decisions that really count, and that will make me a better person. Here are a few pics of our conference weekend!
 Mommy and Pax watching conference
 Grandpa and Paxton doing yard work between sessions on saturday
 Ryan and Caroline playing with Pax
Paxton loving his chicken nuggets!....He insisted on eating them with a spoon :) 

It was so good to spend time with family over conference! I got to see my parents, my sister Amy and her family, she just had her 4th baby Wyatt who is adorable! I got to see my Sister Katie who is such a sweetie pie and great aunt to Paxton, and my brother ryan and his girlfriend caroline. (Wish Aaron and Katie were around so that we could see them too!) Anyway we had a great weekend, and I hope that i will be able to teach Paxton to fertilize his little mustard seed size of faith, so that his walk of life will take him somewhere extraordinary!!!!!! (High school, mission, marry in the temple, college degree) This momma has high hopes and aspirations for her little 15 month old! :) Love you Pax!
 Walk through life!


No comments:

Post a Comment